Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

School Athletics

1, 2, 3. On the count of 3 I let go of the discus and saw it thump and roll along the ground, I saw Mr Jacobsen raise 2 fingers up, I had earned 2nd place! I was so impressed with myself until someone came 2nd and I was now in 3rd place, until eventually someone took over my place (again). I was beginning to think that I wouldn't get a place out of any of the events, luckily for me there was still one more event to go-Javelin.

As we walked over to javelin I began to feel very nervous, we started off with the 11 year old boys first, watching them made my nerves build up even more, would I get a place or not?! Finally it was my turn, as I threw the javelin I scored at 1st place and then went down to 2nd place, now I was panicking, I looked up at the line and saw there were still heaps of boys to go! At the end of it all I came 3rd place!


My highlight for the day was watching the relays and coming 3rd place in javelin. I can't wait until next years athletics day!

No comments:

Post a Comment